Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies & A Note on Self Love
Do we have the recipe for you this Valentine’s Day: Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies! Do you remember when Nutella took America by storm, and it became the go to pairing for succulent strawberries? The most desired sandwich filling? And, let’s just be honest…the perfect sweet spoonful straight from the jar?
The combination of hazelnut and chocolate is one that just cannot be beat! Together, they are nutty, rich and slightly sweet, so don’t even try to pretend that you don’t love this classic pairing.
With Valentine’s just days away, we thought we would share our recipe for the best Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies! (Cue memories of all the deliciousness mentioned above). These gems combine the flavors of nutella with the warmth and comfort of your favorite chocolate chip cookie. That decadent nutella flavor is made possible by the sweet combination of hazelnut flour and a fruit forward dark chocolate bar. Coconut flour lends a touch of sweetness and combined with avocado oil, we’ve created the perfect moist cookie that you’ll just want to sink your teeth into!
Plus, they are incredibly easy to make. In less than 30 minutes, you will have warm, delicious cookies and the best smelling abode. What more could you want? …A glass of milk and a cozy blanket? Okay, that’s fair, we want that too.
These delicious Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect to share with and show love to your special someone, best gal pals, or favorite coworkers on Valentine’s Day! With just one bite, we promise, they will feel oh so special and loved.
OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO ENJOY THESE MORSELS…
- Keep it classic. Dunk these cookies into a glass of cold milk (cow or non-dairy) and enjoy!
- Cookie granola. Crumble cookies over fresh fruit, Greek yogurt or ice cream for a bit of crunch.
- Ice cream sandwich. Sandwich these babies around homemade banana ice cream. Roll in crushed hazelnuts, then slice and share with a friend if you’re feeling generous.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray or avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, add egg, avocado oil, sugar, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Add in hazelnut flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in chopped dark chocolate.
- Lightly cover with clean kitchen towel, and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten dough using your hand.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cookies are slightly golden. Allow cookies to cool for on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- *To make vegan, try using a flax egg, coconut sugar, and vegan chocolate.
- *Butter or coconut oil can be substituted for avocado oil. Melt, then allow to cool.
A NOTE ON SELF LOVE
In our opinion, Valentine’s Day is for celebrating all types of love. To give and receive love is truly one of the greatest joys in life. While we gain joy from loving others, it is also equally important to turn that love inward. Self love is treating yourself with kindness and admiration. You deserve to love and show up for yourself by doing the things that make you happy and feel good. YOU ARE AMAZING. It’s important to tell and show yourself that, and truly believe it.
How is this month’s self love challenge going? From your Instagram posts and comments, it looks like you guys are killing it! We love seeing how everyone is showing themselves some much deserved affection. In case you missed it, we shared some ideas and inspiration to get you started on your self love journey.
We’ve been doing our best to embrace the challenge as well. Long walks and podcasts, preparing nourishing eats, getting a haircut, reading before bed, quality time with good friends, choosing sleep, and cozy cups of tea are just some of the ways we’ve been prioritizing our happiness. We cannot wait for what the rest of the month and self love challenge will bring. Keep sharing your self love journey with us by using the hashtags #fnchallenge and #fullynourished.
In health and happiness,
Alexandra Rae & Felicia Stewart
SHOP THE RECIPE